Monday, November 2, 2009

November 2nd

It's been a while, I know. How have you been? How much longer is your hair now? What have been moments of pure joy you have encounter? I've been missing you.

19 days are left here on the road. That means 51 days have already happened. Unreal? I know. We are at the point in tour where things become monotonous and tensions thicken among the group, but it's also the point where we realize that things are winding up, it's coming to a close.

It's also the point where we realize that we NEED this bill to pass. Every day I watch a documentary about children who have their childhood, their innocence, their right to peace ripped away from them. And every day I am reminded how small our world is - how close those children are to us. This bill has to pass in order for the war to end, but how? When there is such disconnect between my peers and even in my family, how can I convince a Congressman or woman that they need to sign their name onto this piece of legislation. When I can't even motivate my family member to watch a film that has impacted my life, is it possible for me to motivate someone of great influence to BE a great influence?

I think I can. That's why I am here. The power and possibility of personal connection is why I am here.

But we need your help. We can't do this alone, we never are able. I need your help and your voice and your desire for peace and prosperity.

Call your senator and tell them to sponsor this bill if they haven't yet. What do you have to lose? 1 minute of your time. What do you have to gain? A sense of accomplishment and, oh yeah, peace for an entire region of this world.

You can do this. We can do this!


No comments:

Post a Comment